Monday 28 January 2013

Swatch - Urban Outfitters Tiny Shirt

Hello hello, I realised I haven't posted anything in the last few days, so I feel like I have some catching up to do! I had a very eventful and awesome weekend. In fact, it felt like a long weekend even though it was just a regular weekend. Weird huh? That was the first time I had experienced this. I realised I might have to go on a "no buy" phase for the next 2 months!!! Due to buying too many polishes, while I'm in the US. Everything is just so much cheaper at nail supply stores in the US, compared to me going to a salon to buy polish at home. Needless to say, I've been hauling polishes like squirrels collecting nuts! Did a huuuuge haul this weekend when I got to go down to San Jose, while my boyfriend went to watch the hockey game. I think I have officially found my nail polish heaven!!! Guess it's a good thing I don't live near San Jose...otherwise my bank account would be going into the sub-zeroes...yikes! I'll do a super short post on my haul real soon, just to give you guys a glimpse of what I got. There were some polishes I had almost given on finding, but I found them at this store! I also got my first holographic polishes! So so so excited to wear all the colours! Alright enough blabbering, time for the swatch.

Tiny Shirt is a super bright highlighter/bubble gum neon pink cream polish. This polish absolutely refused to photograph correctly, it was incredibly frustrating. I tried all different types of lighting. In the pictures it looks like a baby pink (same family as OPI Pink Friday), but in reality it's more like a highlighter pink, so a darker pink than baby pink. Though, I do admit this guy tends to look different under different lightings. So there are times when it would look more along the lines of baby pink and being softer. And another thing, this polish is extremely bright and obnoxious! If you wear this colour, you are definitely attracting a lot of attention to your nails.

Pictures show:
Ring & pinky: 2 coats of polish, 1 coat TC
Middle & index: 3 coats of polish, without TC
Shade

Natural Light

With Flash

The picture below compares surface finish (with and without top coat).
Artificial Light

Specifications:
Surface finish: rubber with bit of shine, TC recommended
Formula: bit tough to work with because a bit thick and gloopy. Make sure have lots of polish on brush to cover whole nail and avoid patchiness
Prone to: bald-spots, patchiness
Dry time: slightly slower than usual
Pigmentation: good, should only need 2 medium coats, but prone to patchiness so did 3 on some nails.
Removal: easy

Overall I really like this polish. I kept staring at my fingers cause the colour was so bright and fun. I really needed something fun, since I'm a little sick of winter colours at the moment. What do you think of this bright fun colour?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover