Saturday 6 April 2013

Swatch - OPI Don't Burst My Bubble

The last of the OPI Disney Oz The Great and Powerful collection will be shown today. I got this polish free from OPI as a replacement for When Monkeys Fly, due to the uproar regarding the taco glitter in WMF. This polish marks my first complete OPI collection, meaning I have never owned all the polishes from a collection until now! Seems a little anticlimactic that a soft shades collection marks this milestone (yes, I'm considering this a milestone). See swatches and reviews for the rest of the Oz collection here.

OPI Don't Burst My Bubble is a very very light pink (white pink?) crelly (cream and jelly hybrid). The colour took a couple of days to grow on me, I didn't think much of it when I first slapped it on. Turns out this whisper of pink was quite flattering against my skintone. Pictures below are three thick coats without top coat.


Specifications:
Formula - consistency is between a cream and jelly, A.K.A. crelly
Pigmentation - requires 3 medium/thick coats for no VNL
Finish - shiny
Dry time - faster than your average cream polish
Prone to - streaks and bald spots, unless use at least 3 coats (typical for soft shades)
Application tip - apply with a light touch to avoid streaking and bald spots as much as possible

After wearing this polish, I understand why I never thought to purchase it. The shade is not revolutionary, just a regular ol' nude polish. This was very clean and appropriate for the office. Not that I do not like nudes, I do, but there are tons of dupes out there for this guy. I found the other 2 nudes in this collection more interesting in terms of colour. With that said, this shade did turn out to be surprisingly flattering against my skintone.

What do you guys think about this polish? Do you own it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover