Thursday 7 February 2013

Swatch & Review - OPI Euro Centrale Collection

The Euro Central collection has finally hit stores, and I ran to my local beauty supplier as soon as I could yesterday. In case you guys didn't know, it was released yesterday. So get out there and buy some nail polish! I only got a few from this collection since many seem like dupes to colours I already have in my stash. A friend of mine was kind enough to let me swatch her picks from the collection as well. Here are the swatches of 4 polishes from the collection:

My Vampire Is Buff:
Eggshell white cream. Application was patchy/streaky on first coat, but everything is good on the second coat. If you tend to do thin coats, you might need 3. This polish is surprisingly pigmented for a white. This guy dries on the faster side for a cream and quite shiny. Removal was easy peasy.
I have been wanting and searching for a colour like this for years! Finally OPI has made the colour of my dreams. That may be a slight exaggeration, but I wasn't kidding when I said I've been looking for a colour like this for years now.

For the pictures I used 2 coats with no TC.


OPI...Eurso Euro:
Inky dark blue with some purple hints. This is such a tough colour to describe, but it reminds me of ink that spills out from an exploding pen (fortunately, I have not experienced this, knock on wood!). Full coverage at 2 coats, if you tend to do thicker coats you most likely can get away doing only 1 coat. Dries very shiny but dries a little on the slow side.   
Some people don't really get the name, but I think it's cute. To my disappointment I didn't love this polish as much as I thought I would. I was head over heels for this when looking at swatches. Maybe my expectations were too high, I was expecting this guy to be dark but really bright at the same time. That was the impression I got from other swatches. Not saying I don't like this polish, because I do really like the colour; it just wasn't what I was expecting that is all.

For the pictures I used 2 coats without TC. The second picture is most accurate to real life, where the colour is quite dark and definitely has purple tones (which was not able to be captured by camera).


You're Such A Budapest:
Periwinkle lilac cream with very very slight shimmer (tough to see even in real life, enlarge second picture to see shimmer). Formula was a lot more sheer than expected, 3 coats to cover bald patches. This was more sheer than My Vampire Is Buff (I know, it's kind of hard to believe)!
I am still on the fence about this one. Reason being I love the colour itself but not against my skin tone. This is the sad reality of periwinkles for me: love the colour but it looks bad on me. (In case you're wondering, my skin tone is fair with slight bit of yellow).

Used 3 coats without TC for pictures below. First picture is true to real life colour.



Polka.com
Aqua, periwinkle and fuchsia large hex glitters with small round periwinkle glitters. Awesome glitter coverage! What you see below is 1 coat, yes, 1 coat! I moved the glitter around to spread everything more evenly. The removal of this glitter was strangely easy...in fact I'm still skeptical, but it is what it is. I'm not sure if it was because I removed the glitter only 15 minutes after I applied it. I would recomend TC with this, since it is slightly bumpy.   
 1 coat over You're Such a Budapest

1 coat over My Vampire Is Buff

Overall I think this was a good collection. Lots of great colours, they may not be the most original but good nonetheless. I can definitely see myself wearing these over and over. My favorite is My Vampire Is Buff.

Have you picked up anything from this collection? Which is your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, MVIB is one of my new favorites. I think I will need to buy a backup because I can see myself going through it very fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MVIB is amazing! Seems like a polish that gets overshadowed by all the others in the collection, but this polish is not to be underestimated for sure. I have also been considering getting a backup myself ;)

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover