Sunday 6 January 2013

Swatch - China Glaze Running In Circles (Cirque du Soleil Collection)

After Christmas I saw this beauty in the store on sale and had to get it! This is the sparkling green glassfleck/foil "Running In Circles" by China Glaze from the Cirque du Soleil collection. I actually had a hard time getting my hands on this one for a few weeks when the collection first came out. Though I think that may be because the Sally's nearest to me isn't well stocked in China Glaze. No matter I have this in my possession now! Muahahahaha!

 Sunlight
Look how it sparkles! So beautiful!


Natural light


 Natural light with flash

This polish applied easily enough. I used 2 coats in the pictures with TC. Even at 2 coats I could still see a tad of nail line but it wasn't obvious enough to bother me. For those who are allergic to VNL I would suggest 3 coats. Top coat is highly suggested (since this does not dry particularly shiny) but the main reason is to make all the sparkle come to life. Removal on this is harder than creams but easier than glitter, which is always the case for foils.

Now there is only one down side to this polish...and I am warning all of you so you can be prepared for what comes next. This polish stains LIKE CRAZY!!! I removed the polish using the foil method, and when I unwrapped the foil and cotton I found myself with GREEN NAILS! Oh the horror!!!! As you can imagine I was completely horrified. I have taken a couple of pictures of my stained nails. For anyone who cannot bare to look at grossly stained nails you may now stop reading this post. For the rest of you....don't say I didn't warn you.

WARNING!!! What is about to come is NOT for the faint of heart!

So this was right after I removed the polish and before I filed my nails. Sorry for the grossly chipped and dry nails. My ring finger had another polish on (this was my New Year's Mani) hence no staining.

I washed my hands several times and filed my nails. This was the end result before I had to slab on some color onto my nails just so I didn't have to look at this disaster any longer.

Guess this was the price I had to pay for wearing such a pretty polish...

Collection swatches: Creative Fantasy, Running In Circles, Surreal Appeal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover