Sunday 7 April 2013

Dupe? - Mimosas Bubble Lyre

I have yet to come up with witty titles for these comparison posts. One day...one day... After wearing OPI Don't Burst My Bubble for a couple of days, I couldn't help but feel I had something similar in my stash. After pulling a few nudes out, the closest ones I could find were OPI Mimosas For Mr. & Mrs. and OPI You Callin' Me A Lyre? Let's see how they compared with one another.

L-R: Mimosas For Mr. & Mrs. (MFMM), Don't Burst My Bubble (DBMB), You Callin' Me A Lyre (YCMAL)

I have thrown in a bottle comparison of OPI Fair Dinkum Pinkum with the other three polishes. FDP is darker and much more pink than the others, so I did not think it necessary to compare on the nail.
L-R: Mimosas For Mr. & Mrs., Don't Burst My Bubble, You Callin' Me A Lyre, Fair Dinkum Pinkum


MFMM has a peach /yellow tone, milky/white base and thickest in formula. YCMAL is the most pink and darkest in colour, but thinnest formula (a true jelly). DBMB is a faint pink with a formula that is in between the other two (also milky/white base). All photos show 3 coats of each polish, without top coat. Polish bottle (white colour) held in the photos were not used on nails, used to show colour on nails better. 

Conclusion:
Upon further inspection, I found these 3 to not be dupes at all. All the formulas and colours were different. There isn't one I would recommend over the other, because it is up to your personal preference and skintone. Each has its own personality, hopefully this post gave you some good insight.

Happy nude polish hunting! Thanks for stopping by~

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! Personally, I love DBMB, it's a great pink. I'm loving your blog, would love for you to stop by mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the comparison! DBMB is great for when you just want a hint of colour and cleanse your nail palette from bright colours. Thank you for supporting my blog! I have started following your blog on Bloglovin';)

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover