Monday 29 April 2013

Dupe? - Paparazzi Dulce Butterfly

Time for another comparison post. This time I'm on the hunt for Nicole by OPI Paparazzi Don't Preach dupe. Grabbing the bottles of polish I also noticed OPI Dulce de Leche and OPI A Butterfly Moment seem comparable. Let's see how these polishes compared shall we?

OPI Fair Dinkum Pinkum (FDP) is part of the bottle comparison because it seemed comparable to NOPI Paparazzi Don't Preach. However, FDP is baby pink with white/milky base and sheerest formula. In other words, definitely not a dupe for any of these 3 polishes.
L-R: OPI Fair Dinkum Pinkum, NOPI Paparazzi Don't Preach, OPI Dulce de Leche, OPI A Butterfly Moment
L-R: OPI Fair Dinkum Pinkum, NOPI Paparazzi Don't Preach, OPI Dulce de Leche, OPI A Butterfly Moment


NOPI Paparazzi Don't Preach (PDP) looks like peachy nude when compared to the other two which are definitely rose coloured. Looks very modern and young compared to the other two colours. 

OPI Dulce de Leche (DDL)  is a deep rose and darkest colour out of the three. Formula is most pigmented and dried with the most shine.

OPI A Butterfly Moment (ABM) colour is between DDL and PDP. Its more rosy and darker than PDP, has gold shimmer, and dried with the least shine (very dull, needs top coat). ABM is beautiful, the gold shimmer really adds an extra dimension to this nude.

Pictures below show two coats without top coat:

Comparing shine factor between the polishes.


Definitely no dupes here. After this comparison, I am liking PDP a whole lot more, seeing what a modern/young shade of nude it is. Also, this comparison made me realize how much of a grandma shade DDL is on me; and that I should wear ABM more. From favorite to least, I rank these ABM, PDP and DDL. A reminder that nudes look different on different skin tones, so try swatching on some tape in the store (if allowed) to see which nudes look best on you!

Once again sorry for only posting about once a week. I just haven't had the time or been in the mood to do postings due to stress of my ever nearing exam. Hope you guys have a great week, happy nude hunting and thanks for reading!

Which polish out of these three is your favourite? Do you already own some of these polishes?

2 comments:

  1. I really like this comparison because I love nude polishes like this. I wonder how OPI Tickle My France-y compares to these. I think Dulce De Leche is my favorite among these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very glad you liked the post! Unfortunately, I do not own Tickle My France-y. However, from looking at swatches online, I would say TMF is not similar to any of these. TMF has grey and purple in it versus DDL is definitely rosey. Hope this is helpful! (BTW having a fan girl moment seeing you comment on my blog, I love your blog!)

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover