Monday 1 April 2013

Swatch - Nicole by OPI Am I Making Myself Claire?

Recently, there was a sale on Nicole by OPI polishes at a drugstore. Since they were half price, I decided to get a couple from the Selena Gomez and Modern Family collection. These were polishes I had given up hopes of getting, because I did not want to pay the high price of NOPI. Obtaining these polishes was extremely satisfying, since I haven't been able to stop thinking about them ever since they were released!

NOPI Am I Making Myself Claire? is a greyed out lavender cream from the recently released Modern Family collection. I thought this was going to be a dupe for OPI Steady As She Rose, so I bought it as a backup. However, from doing a comparison of the two polishes I have found they are not dupes at all (comparison post coming soon). In the pictures, I wore 2 coats with top coat.


Specifications:
Formula - EXCELLENT! One of the best formulas I have ever come across.
Application - Super easy
Pigmentation - almost a 1 coater (medium to thick coat)
Finish - shiny with a tad of dullness, top coat recommended
Dry time - average
Prone to - nothing! (no streaking, dragging or balding spots)

Wow, this polish knocked my socks off! This took me completely by surprise. I was expecting to love to colour but the formula...oh man, the formula...dreamy, absolutely dreamy! The formula makes me love this polish even more. Admittedly, this is my first NOPI; therefore, I did not know what to expect from the formula department. After this experience, I will definitely be purchasing more NOPI's in the future if all their formulas are this great. With more NOPI's to swatch, we will see whether this excellent formula is carried out across the board.

I highly recommend this polish! The Modern Family collection is still available now in drugstores. Have you picked up any polishes from the Modern Family collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover