Tuesday 9 April 2013

Swatch - Color Club Factory Girl

The polish I am showing you today is one I was very excited about. For over a year now, I have been kicking myself for not buying OPI What's With The Cattitude when I saw it in a store. Ever since then I have been on the hunt for that polish or a dupe. Finally, I came across Color Club Factory Girl because the two polishes looked identical. I guess I will never know if they truly are dupes until I get my paws on WWTC, in the mean time Factory Girl will have to do.

Color Club Factory Girl is a bright sky/baby blue cream. The colour is much brighter on the nail compared to in the bottle, which seemingly makes the colour look muted. There is a lot to say regarding the formula, all that needs to be known is that it is a hot mess! (More on that later) However, the colour is gorgeous! Pictures show 3 thick coats with top coat, second picture is most colour accurate.


Specifications:
Formula - worst I have ever come across, it is patchy and drags as you are putting on the polish
Prone to - bald spots!!!
Pigmentation - sheer, need at least 3 medium to thick coats
Dry time - faster than average for creams
Finish - rubber like (dull), top coat recommended
*Application tip:  have LOTS of polish on brush when apply and try never to go over the same spot more than once to avoid dragging

I really really wanted to kill my WWTC lemming, but the awful formula makes that impossible. The colour is awesome, exactly what I wanted, but it is not enough to make up for the awful formula. Notice how many times I have talked about the formula? It is THAT BAD! Definitely would not recommend this polish to anyone. I will keep searching for WWTC as well as its dupe. Victory will be mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover