Sunday 10 March 2013

Swatch - China Glaze Stone Cold (Hunger Games Collection)

Sunday funday! Speaking of sundaes, I think I will go to Dairy Queen and take advantage of their promotion on blizzards right now (buy one get one 99 cents!). I find I can always get a few servings out of a small size blizzard since they are so intensely sweet. Usually I eat some, then put it in the freezer for the next day. Yes, it is definitely not as appetizing the next day but still tastes the same to me. Today, I have another colour from the Hunger Games collection by China Glaze.

Stone Cold is a matte black (near black dark grey) with dense tiny silver flecks giving an overall dark grey colour. This one is so cool because it actually looks like stone! Well done China Glaze, the name is a perfect description of the polish.

You could add top coat if you prefer a shiny finish. Adding top coat does darken this polish by a few shades as you see below. The polish becomes true black with silver specks. Personally, I prefer the original matte finish because it looks like I have stone nails.

Specifications:
Formula - excellent, easy application
Pigmentation - almost 1 coater, need second coat to cover bald spots
Dry time - fast
Finish - matte
Removal - easy, tad harder than creams due to silver specks

Capitol Colours (Hunger Games) Collection: Agro, Dress Me Up, Electrify, Fast Track, Foie Gras, Harvest Moon, Hook and Line, Luxe and Lush, Mahogany Magic, Riveting, Smoke and Ashes, Stone Cold

What do you guys think of this stone-like polish? Do you prefer it matte or shiny?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover