Tuesday 30 July 2013

Swatch - Butter London Wallis

Long time no post on my part. I did not anticipate to have such a HUGE gap from my last post, so I apologize to those who have been wondering where I've disappeared off to. Life has been quite a whirlwind over here at Miss Intensity Nails. To put it all in nutshell, I got a new job and moved to a different country. This is a very exciting new adventure for me~ I don't know how some of you blogger girls manage to post everyday even with a full-time job, but I have new found respect for all of you! I will try my best to keep up ^^

Of course, during my layover at an airport what do I buy? Polish! This was my first Butter London purchase. I have never bought any before due to the price ($15), but since there is a deal at the airport store I thought I would treat myself to my first Button London polishes. Today one out of four polishes purchased will be showcased: Wallis.

Wallis:
Dark moss green with an overlay of gold particles reminding me of antique brass. I was instantly gravitated to this colour, it is so unique and I have nothing like it in my stash. Truly beautiful, very appropriate for fall and winter. One thing to note is that this polish is streaky and patchy after two coats, but only noticeable at one very specific angle (basically not noticeable unless you really try to look for streaks).

Photos show 2 coats with top coat. Sorry for the smudge on my pinky, it was harder to see in person than in pictures.

Specifications:
Formula - Bit thick, easy application but bit patchy and streaky after two coats (not noticeable)
Pigmentation - Good, 2 coats (1 coat is patchy)
Shine - Some
Dry time - Slow (but not snail-pace slow)
Staining - None
Removal - Requires bit of scrubbing (just like any other foil polish)

There is nothing bad to say about this polish besides that the dry time could be faster. Colour is one-of-a-kind gorgeous! I would highly recommend this colour.

How do you like the colour of Wallis? Do you own any Butter London polishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover